The Autumn Bucket List Book Tag

 The Autumn Bucket List Book Tag


Hello flowery readers!
Autumn is here and I think that it's about time time I come to terms with this season despite the bad weather. There are many positive aspects, for example the changing colours of the leaves, that give life to beautiful landscapes, also wearing sweaters and drinking hot chocolate. So, yes, I get it, it can be a nice time. And to celebrate it I'm coming to you with a Book Tag. So grab your favourite autumnal drink (mine is vegan chi hot chocolate) and come along with me.


The only candles that I have ever lighted are the honey ones. Do not get me wrong, they are really good and I love honey in all of its forms, but I'd really like to try out some scented candles to relax.

We start with a delusion, I don't have a book for this question. I thought about it for a long time, but I couldn't come up with anything. That simply means that I don't read many happy books.


I've never tried this too. I've always heard people talk about it, but I didn't even know what it was mad e of. So I did some research and i discovered that it's a hot drink made of coffee, milk, pumpkin purée, cinnamon, nutmeg and pepper. If it wasn't for the coffee, I could have tried it. But what am I saying? I am going to try it, replacing coffee with cocoa powder. 


A book that is receiving a lot of hype in Italy at the moment is "Senlin Ascends" by Josiah Bancroft. I really want to read it, because the story seems so engaging and the Tower of Babel has always had something fascinating. I'm excited  to see how Bancroft interpreted it and to follow Senlin in his search for his wife through all the different floors.



Apple picking? I never picked up apples, for what I remember. Other fruits yes, but I don't remember apples.


I usually don't like friendships in books, I find them utopian or annoying. But the one between Bri and Sonny in "On The Come Up" by Angie Thomas is so great. He is so funny and he constantly supports her.

*A little note: it is written on the cover, but it's really small, so I'm writing it here for you to notice. Angie Thomas is releasing a new book on the 12th January 2020. It's called "Concrete Rose" and it's the prequel of "The Hate You Give", telling Maverick's story. I'm so happy about it.




I like sweaters a lot. On the contrary, I hate sweatshirts, because they are so large and I feel clumsy in them. However sweaters are beautiful, in particular I have a red one with stripes that I can't wait to put on.


I couldn't think about this prompt without choosing this book here. The original is in german and it's called "Was man von hier aus sehen kann" by Mariana Leky, which could be translated as "What you can see from here". I read it in the Italian translation "Quel che si vede da qui" and I loved it. It's a story that makes you feel safe and comforted, it made me laugh and smile so many times and when I was reading it I felt protected and comfy. It will warm your heart because of it's kindness and you will feel strongly attached to the characters. There's also a magical element in it, which gives a dreamlike atmosphere to the story.


I don't think that it's the same thing, but this dessert automatically brings me back to Vienna and to the Zimtschnecken, literally "cinnamon snail". My classmates and I, used to buy them very often, as a snack or a sweet treat after lunch and they were so good. There was also a different type, which was with vanilla, but it didn't do it justice. I miss this sweet so much and the wonderful days in Vienna too.


Anyhow I'll have to say the only book that comes to mind, meaning "With the Fire on High" by Elizabeth Acevedo. I have wanted to read it for years now and i still haven't done that. that's mostly because it's in English and I always have problems to get books in this language, despite my love for it, so I prioritize Italian books that I can get immediately. But I am going to read it, the story truly interests me.


Well, I haven't jumped into a pile of leaves either. I think that it would be kind of fun, but I've never tried.


As for the book, it's a hard one again. I'm reinterpreting this in my own way, so not a happy book, but one that i was happy to read. Meaning not necessarily a joyful story. And I'm going with "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde. I've read it three times by now and love it, the story fascinates me and the characters are so well flushed our, i felt attached to each of them. Every time that I read it I felt a sense of joy, because I had read something wonderful, which had left me amazed.


And now to my real Bucket List for this Autumn:
  • read atmospheric books
  • wear colorful sweaters and warm wool skirts
  • drink lots of hot chocolate (preferably with cinnamon and ginger )
  • drink a few cups of golden milk (a wonderful drink made of  turmeric)
  • bake some cookies
  • cook some seasonal vegetables that I never tried before
  • take some pictures to celebrate the oranges yellows, reds and browns of autumn
What is your Autumn Bucket List? And what's your favourite autumnal drink?
Do you like this season?
Until next time stay cosy and continue on reading,















Comments