The Reading Rush 2020 - An Update

The Reading Rush 2020
An Exciting Update


Hello flowery readers,
in my last post I presented you this Read-A-Thon and explained all my difficulties in taking part in it this year. But now I have news, all my problems have vanished. That's because I will not be in Murano during the week from the 20th to the 26th July, I will be home and only leave on the 27th. Isn't it great? This means that I can read how much I want at any time I want and I can also participate in all the wonderful activities that go within.

And about that, I have other things to tell you. During the last 2 weeks I received two e-mails from The Reading Rush team, giving me interesting news on all the changes that were happening on their website. You have to know that last year they created this website specifically for this event and it made the reading experience so much fun! Anyhow every time a new TRR starts they rebuild it completely, changing things and improving others.
So, the site is this one. As you open it you can immediately see the countdown, which is a great addition to this years edition, then you have more information about the Read-A-Thon, the Challenges, the Badges (which are something like little medals that you give yourself every time you accomplish a prompt) and in particular two things I want to inform you about: the Read-ins and the Book Club.

Firstly, Read-ins. These were originally created as meetings between readers coming from the same part of the world, who decided to read all together at a library or a bookshop. I really wanted to go to one last year, but I was in Germany and there were no German readers living near me. However this year, to respect the security norms due to the corna virus, these meetings can not happen online, so they decided that anyone can host one on Zoom, so you can read and talk all together in a video conference. It's fantastic and I want to participate so bad. I also have the idea to host one myself, but I'm not used to use Zoom.

Secondly the Reading Club. This is a way to connect even more with other readers by reading the same book. It's a great idea and I wanted to buy the book, which is "Such A Fun Age" by Kiley Reid but I don't find it here in Italy, it's not that easy and if I want to order it on the websites of my favourite bookshops it will only arrive in ten days. So, nothing for me, but I'm sure that other people will join and it will be great.
That's it for the news on the  website.

But it's not the end of this post, because I need to change my Tbr. I chose the books to read based on having very little time, so they are short and I also included some audiobooks. But now that I'm home I can change things up and pick what I really want to read. I will not change it completely as I really am interested in some of those books, but there will be more genres and also books that are longer.

Updated Tbr

Everything remains the same for the books chosen from prompt 1 to 3. But then it changes drastically

4. Read the first book you touch


For this one i hadn't picked up one last time, but now i have my stack of Fantasy books to choose from meaning "Our Dark Duet" by Victorua Schwab, "The Golden Compass" by Philip Pullman and "One Dark Throne" by Kendare Blake. I disposed them in a sort of circle on the ground and then i started to turn around myself in the hope of loosing balance and orientation, I then wanted to pick up one, but during my moving in circles I touched "One Dark Throne" a couple of times, so i finally decided to go with that one. I'm pretty pleased with this one, I read the first volume last year and enjoyed it a lot, now we'll see.

5. Read a Book completely outside of your house


I can read anything outside, in the sense that I have a garden and so I can stay there for hours reading whatever I want. I'm not going to go with "The Great Gatsby", not because of a lack of interest, but only because I don't have the physical copy; as I previously said and I checked how long the audibook is, but it really is too much. It's around five hours and i already have an audiobook in this Tbr which is two hours long, I can't listen to so much hours. So I'm going to change and pick "Our Dark Duet" by Victoria Schwab. I didn't land on this for the previous prompt, but I need to read something by this author. i recently finished the second volume of the "Shades of Magic Series" and I'm destroyed. I've been searching for the sequel but haven't found it in the bookshops of my city yet.

7. Read a book that takes place on a different continent from where you live



I know that I said that i wanted to find a book that wasn't set in the USA, but this one inspires me a lot. I initially thought that it was set in Africa, but no, I was wrong.

That's it for today. I'll check in with you on this topic in 12 days.

What do you think of my choices? And what are you reading?








Comments