The Reading Rush - Day 6

The Reading Rush
- Day 6 -


Hello flowery readers,
I'm so late in giving you an update on the last two days of this Read-A-Thon and I'm  really sorry. The thing is that I went to my aunts and uncles' house in Murano the day after finishing this event and I didn't have time to finish this blog posts before, so I'm sorry.

Now, I hope that I remember correctly, but my day 6 was a special one, in the sense that I participated in my first Read-In together with two other Italian girls. It was so much fun. We talked about BookTubers and BookTube videos, reading, books by black authors, we read for a little bit all together and then obviously we talked about the coronavirus and how serious the pandemic was in our regions. So, our life and opinions on reading and the situation we are living in. As you understood, it was a very interesting and fun discussion.

However this happened in the afternoon. Before I continued reading "One Dark Throne" , it was my current read during the video call and I finally finished it in the evening and with this I completed the prompt of "reading the first book you touch".  I liked it a lot, probably more than the first one, because this time around I wasn't only interested in Katherine's POV. Everything was more interesting and dynamic, the pacing was faster and the sudden turns of events were so many. 
However it also gets more corrupted, with very detailed descriptions of horrible scenes and simple gestures that made me almost nauseous. But it is a very dark story, I knew it getting into it, so this perfectly fits the atmosphere. 
Now I can't wait for the following volume, even though I was a little bit disappointed by the conclusion, now I really don't know how this game for the throne can continue.

I can't give you more details, as more than a month has gone by, but this post sums up things perfectly (or at leas I hope so).

Pages read: 267
Books finished: 1
Challenges completed: 1
Tea counter: 2 for sure

Have you read this series? If so, did you like it?
Will it continue to be so engaging?
And what are you currently reading?






Comments