The Reading Rush - Day 7

The Reading Rush
- Day 7 -
 

Hello flowery readers,
this journey has finally come to an end. I'm happy because it has been very difficult to keep up with these daily posts, but I'm also sad because now I'll have to wait until next July to read together with other people from around the world and experience this atmosphere again.

Anyhow, my Day 7 wasn't particularly interesting. I went in the garden and read "Twelfth Night" by William Shakespeare. It was such a quick read, that I completed this Read-A-Thon in advance, in fact at around 11 a.m. I finished reading it and this was my sixth book. With this I completed the prompt of "reading a book in the same place for the whole time". It wasn't a good idea to keep this challenge for last, as I really wasn't motivated to read in the same place. I like moving around when I read, in the sense that I can read everywhere, in every room of my house, it simply depends on my mood. So, feeling obliged to read in a specific spot for a specific amount of time felt really boring and annoying. Also I wanted to read in the garden for this challenge, so I waited for the perfect atmospheric conditions, but I waited too much, so in the end I completed this on the last day. 
However I also doubled up with the challenges with this one, completing the one of "reading a book that inspired a movie you've already watched".

The play itself was interesting. I had already seen it performed at the theatre, or better, at home, in the sense that I watched it thanks to the National Theatre on YouTube. During the lockdown they kindly uploaded so many plays on their channel, to help people to cope with that time and it was so wonderful. I enjoyed that performance a lot, it was a modern version and there were some gender swaps for some roles. This I didn't know until I read the book and I felt really confused at first. 
Anyhow I liked it quite a lot, I found it funny and with a lot of suspense and tension. But all of this I felt more deeply watching it than reading it.
The trope of mistaken identities and disguise was the main focus of the story and it was done really well. The reader/spectator knew who every character really was and so, seeing other characters being mislead by their costume was funny at times, but terrible at others.

Pages read: 53
Books finished: 1
Challenges completed: 2
Tea counter: 3 for sure

So, this is the end. But keep an eye open for a recap of this adventure!
Did you participate? If so, I hope you had fun!
Keep on reading and until next time,


Comments